TMG-L ArchivesArchiver > TMG > 2000-11 > 0973273079
From: Bob Velke <>
Subject: [TMG] The Master Genealogist v4.0c now available
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 12:37:59 -0500
Wholly Genes Software is proud to announce the release of TMG v4.0c. This
update fixes some bugs, including a potentially dangerous one with the
and adds a few new features.
In particular, TMG v4.0c includes substantial improvements to the powerful
module, Visual Chartform:
- Boxes and text elements are now easier to drag and edit
- Connection lines are reshaped automatically when boxes are moved
- A new Resize Drawing feature allows scaling of the entire chart in
to fit a specific number of pages.
In addition, this new release
- Supports improved searching and exporting of the geographic
names database (Geobase)
- Supports captions for images of people
- Includes a new option on narrative reports to output images
of people above the appropriate paragraph (optionally with caption)
when the output is sent to a word processor format (Gold Edition only).
- Preserves UFT source categories, templates, and components
rather than just applying those templates to the imported text.
- Includes improved GEDCOM import of long notes (CONC lines)
- Includes a file related to the PAF3/4 import module which was
erroneously missing from the previous release.
This free maintenance release is recommended for all users of TMG v4.0 and
It can be downloaded from www.whollygenes.com/html/upgrade.htm.
|[TMG] The Master Genealogist v4.0c now available by Bob Velke <>|