TMG-L ArchivesArchiver > TMG > 2006-03 > 1143209386
From: Bob Velke <>
Subject: TMG v6.08 is now available!
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:09:46 -0500
The following is excerpted from the free Wholly Genes Newsletter which
subscribers should receive within the next 24 hours.
To subscribe, please go to http://www.whollygenes.com/newsletter.htm
The Master Genealogist v6.08.000 is now available. This free update
includes a collection of bug fixes as detailed in
plus the following new/improved features:
- Box charts can now be filtered by a flag value. If a person does not meet
the filter condition, then the chart will act as though that person does
not exist, excluding him/her and any subsequent connected people as
appropriate. The filter does not apply to the starting person.
- A new "Box fill" option allows coloring boxes by generation. Box accent
colors, if any, override.
- Mitochondrial DNA tests are now supported.
- Family Tree DNA's 59-marker test is now supported.
- DNA Heritage's 23-marker and 43-marker tests are now supported.
Search for Digital Books.
- New buttons on the Tag Entry screen and Master Place List will search for
books on CD from Archive CD Books USA regarding the selected place.
- A new option on the Web menu will access the search engine for books from
Archive CD Books USA and can be filtered by any keyword.
Master Source List
- The MSL now has a column showing the number of times each source was
cited (excluding embedded citations).
Tag Entry Screen
- The bottom of the tag entry screen will now display the custom sentence,
if any, that is associated with each principal. (It previously only
displayed one custom sentence). If a sentence structure is not displayed,
it means that the principal in question uses the default sentence structure
for that Tag Type. (Advanced Data Entry mode)
Verify File Integrity
- The VFI option (File > Maintainence) has been substantially improved to
audit for many more types of potential data problems. It now audits for
and repairs many obscure issues which didn't directly cause problems but
which lurked under the surface. Note that it is not unusual when VFI is
run for the first time under v6.08.000 that it will take a while to operate
(depending on the size of the project) and it will find and fix a number of
potential problems that were not previously reported. This is not a cause
This free v6.08.000 update requires a previous installation of v6.00.000 or
later. (Users with a prior version must first apply the update to
v6.00.000). To download and apply the update, run TMG, access the Help menu
and choose "Check for an update." Alternatively, you can choose "Check for
a Program Update" from the Windows Start menu > The Master Genealogist
group. The update will be applied automatically. Upon restarting, the
startup screen will reflect a version number of "v6.08.000."
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.1/291 - Release Date: 3/24/2006
|TMG v6.08 is now available! by Bob Velke <>|