Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2012-09 > 1346869341

From: Janis Walker Gilmore <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] KDP Criteria
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:26:34 -0700

Cafi,

I am having trouble deciding which report to use, too. Some of the ones that
I consider my best work do not demonstrate much of my ability to draw
conclusions from indirect evidence, etc. Though my KDP does that amply. So
does that balance out? I don't know.

Honestly, I wish we could submit _two_ client reports, to exhibit range and
presentation.

I recently took a client only because I thought the project would work well
for my BCG portfolio as a client report. It has served to deflect me from
work on the other part of the portfolio. Additionally, while I was assured
that the ground had been well-covered in the last known place of residence,
and they were quite ready for South Carolina research, that has proven not
to be the case. Much more needs to be done in Kentucky before the South
Carolina work is likely to pay off. So while the work has been interesting,
I feel it has delayed me, and to no real purpose (insofar as the BCG
portfolio is concerned).

I think I need to quit over-thinking it, use my best client report to date,
and move on. :)

Janis Walker Gilmore
Pawleys Island, SC