TXWISE-L Archives

Archiver > TXWISE > 2005-04 > 1112928652

From: Wendy Caldwell <>
Subject: Edna Timmons Williams
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

Perserverance, folks.. perserverance.
have been working to locate information re (Eliza)
Edna Timmons Williams, who married S.W. Williams in
1891.
Her tombstone IS at Oaklawn, but it has no dates. She
bought the plot in 1911, when her husband died. I went
to the museum last week, and she didn't show up in the
funeral records (that we found, anyway). GRR! Even had
the clerk at the records building scan the death
records, and it was not found.
In the newspaper abstracts, we did locate confirmation
that James T. Allen, and wife Sarah/Sallie (Miller)
Allen ARE both buried at the 'city cemetery'.
What did turn up, in the Allen family file there, was
a 1984 letter from someone working the same Allen
family. When we finally reached this lady today, she
has the death date for Edna, which was 4/17/1921 AND
that there was an obit for her in the 4/22/1921 issue
of the messenger.
Now, is that issue of the Messenger on film at the
museum, please?? Or do we need to go directly to the
paper? The full text will hopefully provide where her
son Henry Allen was living at that time.
Moral of the story... you NEVER know just what it
takes to find the info...
Wendy

Yahoo! Messenger