WOODS-L Archives

Archiver > WOODS > 2011-02 > 1298774212

From: Deborah Slager <>
Subject: Re: [WOODS] William Woods 1961 - 2011 obit
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 20:36:52 -0600

My Wood/Woods line is Luke Woods & Susannah
Vancleave (sons Andrew J. , James Frost Woods and
Tolbert; daughters Martha J., Susannah C., and
Sarah Elizabeth (mine).
Luke Woods parents are Washington Luke Woods, b.
abt 1794 in Burke Co, NC d. 17 Jul 1855 White Oak
Creek, Breathitt Co, KY and Sarah "Sally" Gibbs.
They married Abt. 1809 in NC while Sarah Gibb's
parents were in Burke Co, NC or York Co, SC.
Washington Luke Woods parents are Stephen Woods
and Elizabeth "unknown". Probably from Burke Co,
North Carolina where Washington was said to be born.

I have not been able to get back any further.
Does anyone have any info on this line of
Wood/Woods who ended up in Breathitt & Wolfe Co, KY.

Deborah Slager
Polo, IL

On 2/26/2011 5:10 PM, Kay Lamb wrote:
> The Woods went over to Ky from Albemarle and areas around Wythe Co, Va. The
> Woods came from Pa to Albemarle / Goochland in C: 1734
> I am sure it is the same family. It has been well researched.

This thread: