WOODWORTH-L Archives

Archiver > WOODWORTH > 2005-02 > 1109200660

From: Keith Berry <>
Subject: William of Lunenburg
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:17:40 -0700

Hi Iris,

I have been having a problem posting a reply, so I hope this goes through.

First, have you looked at this individual??

William Woodworth, son of John and Hannah (Bailey) Woodworth, born 11 Feb,
1776 (record from Church of England, All Saint's Church, Wellington,
Shropshire, England)

Secondly, some research help.

The first newspaper in Canada was published March 23, 1752. Fortunately it
was the Halifax Gazette. Microfilm copies of the paper until the 1870's are
available through interlibrary loan from "Library and Archives Canada". You
might start by asking your local library if they can get the appropriate
microfilms for you. You may find that, being International, you have to go
to a local Archive to get these.

You have all of the dates, so you may find something in his marriage
notice, birth notice for one of his children, or his obit.

The Gazette was a Nova Scotia paper rather than just Halifax, so it's
coverage will certainly include Lunenburg.

I wish you luck.

Keith Berry
Edmonton, Canada

Keith Berry