XIMENES-L Archives

Archiver > XIMENES > 2005-07 > 1121190050

From: Dani Brown <>
Subject: MEXICAN PARISH RECORDS, 1751-1880
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:40:50 -0700 (PDT)

MEXICAN PARISH RECORDS, 1751-1880

Source Materials Series%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Again I am just presenting what is on the Web for
informational purpose
only. The information or work can not be verified or
source upon my end.
Please be aware that some sites are under construction

or unable to view.

List Administrator

In my quest to find resources to find family members
on the computer, I
am sharing several great websites, that even myself,
have never heard of
until I became aware of them and I wanted to share
with you all. Please
note that I do not sponsored any of these! I just wish

to share them.
Some of these are paid for fee services.
MEXICAN PARISH RECORDS, 1751-1880

This collection of records includes marriage, baptism,

and death
records from nine Mexican parishes: Matamoros,
Agualequas, Mier,
Sabinas Hidalgo, Vallecillo, Cadereyta, Camargo,
Cerralvo, and
Guerrero. The original records were well kept, often
including
information about immediate relatives, spouses,
parents, and even
grandparents, for example. This collection includes
over 100,000
records and over 400,000 names. It includes records
from as early as
1751 and as late as 1880.

Roman Catholic parish records are the very best source

of ancestral
information for researchers seeking family origins in
Mexico. Parish
records generally fall into two categories,
sacramental and non-
sacramental. Sacramental records document the
sacraments of the
Catholic Church including baptisms, marriages, death
or burial
records (final unction), and confirmations.
Non-sacramental records
include fraternal order books, account books,
censuses, individual
documents, and local history materials.

Source Information: Spanish American Genealogical
Association,
"Mexican Parish Records." [database online]. Orem, UT:

Ancestry.com.

Ancestry.com subscribers with access to the U.S.
Records Collection
can access this database at:
http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?sourceid=831&dbid=3947

http://auctions.yahoo.com/