XIMENES-L Archives

Archiver > XIMENES > 2006-04 > 1145398726

From: Dani Brown <>
Subject: SCGS Genealogical Jamboree May 6 2006
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:18:46 -0700 (PDT)

From: Donie Nelson <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:59:32 -0700

On Saturday, May 6, 2006 at 2pm at the SCGS
Genealogical Jamboree in
Burbank, CA at the Burbank Airport Hilton Hotel Donie
Nelson will be
making the
following presentation:

Nuestras Raices (Our Roots): Finding Your Ancestors
in the Hispanic
Southwest

If you have Hispanic ancestry and believe your roots
are buried in the
American Southwest, this presentation offers your
specific trailmarkers,
maps, and waystations to ease your journey. Whether
you are a tenderfoot
or
already blazing trails, her presentation offers you
helpful tools for
digging up your family┬╣s past or discovering new paths
to reach your
destination.

Donnie has been compiling information for Hispanic
genealogists for
years, but Ms nelson
knows there is much more out there. In order to
provide as much
information
as possible, she need your assistance. If you have
any information you
can
send me via email or fax or snail mail on the
following topics, please do
so:

Websites or pages

Historical groups

Genealogical societies

Books

Periodicals

Libraries

Special collections

Do not assume that she already know about any of this
material. She
would
rather have duplicates than omit a valuable reference.
Everyone who
makes a
contribution will be sent a copy of the full list of
Resources that will
be
a handout during her presentation.

She look forward to your assistance,

Donie A. Nelson
10736 Jefferson Blvd., #690
Culver City, CA 90230-4969
310/839-3140
310/839-3985 (fax)

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.

This thread: