Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-08 > 1219007891

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Celtic-Dinarics?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:18:11 -0600

I now have a cluster of six different British Isles surnames with an apparent haplotype related to Dinaric I2a2 P37.2+ M423+

But these names are well dispersed in the British Isles and their haplotypes show a modality (to the extent I can see it) quite far from the relatively young Eastern Europe Dinaric P37.2+ The six haplotypes also show large variance between themselves, supporting a very old arrival in the Isles.

Only one of this cluster has a P37.2+ confirmation and none have done M423. While I think the odds are pretty good this cluster is also M423+ because that SNP is quite old, it would be nice if at least one of this cluster did a M423 test.

Also, only 2 of the 6 have the 38-67 panel where deviations from Eastern Europe P37.2+ are large for the two so tested. The other four ought to obtain the 38-67 panel from FTDNA.

Surnames in this cluster are McGlashan, Pierce, Conway, Alexander, Brennan, McGuire

See warpedfounderstree at http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net for my reconstruction of the I tree through time and particularly the P37.2+ branch of that tree that has the M423 placed.

Ken

This thread: