YANCEY-L Archives

Archiver > YANCEY > 2007-04 > 1176828929

From: "Yancey, Dennis J" <>
Subject: Re: [YANCEY] William Burbridge Yancey Bible
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:55:29 -0400

for the comparison see:
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dyancey&id=I15941

________________________________

From: Yancey, Dennis J
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:46 PM
To: ''
Cc: ''; 'LDSF - Yancey, Scott (Yahoo)'
Subject: William Burbridge Yancey Bible

William Burbridge Yancey Bible -

Transcription from photos provided by John Batzel -

I do note various inconsistencies on dates as compared to the Yancey
Family Genealogcal Database

these may have been MY errors - or they could have been errors in the
printed book by

Rebecca Yancey "Ancestors and Descendants of William Layton Yancey" - my
main source on the family.

I will review and summarize - corrections to dates in a succeeding
email.

Family Record

Births

Layton Yancy born 1754

& died Apr 4th 1813

Fannie L. Yancy born 1771

Died Aug 30th 1845

(nee) [Fany?] L. Lewis

Mary K. Smith was born on Sunday the 30th day of September in the year
of our Lord 1804

William Burbridge Yancey was born Monday March 27th in the year of our
Lord 1803.

Diana S. Yancey was born on Thursday the 15 day of Sept in the year of
our Lord 1831

Thomas Layton Yancey was born this day the 22 of Feb in the Year of our
Lord 1833

Edward Smith Yancey was born Monday the [6?] day Feb in the year of our
Lord 18[35?]

William Benjamin Yancey was born Saturday the 3[?] day December in the
year of our Lord 1837

---------------------

Family Record

Births

Charles Albert Yancey was born on the Tuesday the 12 day Feb in the year
of our Lord 1839

Mary Frances Yancey was Born Saturday the 24[6?] Day of July 1841

Margaret Jane Yancey was Born the 31 day of Dec in the year of our Lord
1843

Mary Elizabeth Yancey was Born on Monday May the 7 in the year of our
Lord 1849

[The Bible fails to record one Robert A. Yancey - an apparent twin of
Mary Elizabeth - proven by grave stone]

Layton B Yancey was born the 27th day of January 1851.

John G. Yancey was born the 26th day of November 1853. & married Dec
1880

Family Record

Deaths

Mary K Yancey departed this life on the morning of the 16th of Apl at 20
minutes past [Two?] O Clock in the year of our Lord 1845.

William B Yancey Sen departed this life on the evening of the 27th of
Oct 1858

Thomas L. Yancey departed this life on the evening of the 11th of
February at seven O Clock in the year of our Lord 1862.

Fannie M. Yancey departed this life on the 16 day of September in the
year 1864.

Mary E. Yancey separted this life on the 7th of May 1852.

Chas B. Yancey departed this life on the 10th day of Nov 1880 aged 41
years 9 months.

Edward Smith Yancey departed this life Aug 13th / 85 Age 50 years 6
months & 7 days

Diana S Conrad departed this life [ August 1895] [crossed thru with
September written above]

Margret Jane Mauzy departed this life Apr 4th 1896 aged 52 years 3
months 4 days

William B Yancey departed this life on the 1st day of September 1913 at
six oclock PM

Family Records Marriages

Marriages

Thos L Yancey and Maggie L. Newman were married on the [blank] day of
December 1855 by the Rev Bow[evels?]

Chas A. Yancey and Julia P. Morrison were married on the 24th day of
January 1867 by the Rev. John Cramer

William B Yancy and Mary K. Smith was married on Thursday the 4th Nov
1830

George O. Conrad and Diana S Yancey were married on the 25th day Sept
1850 by B. H. Johnson

Edward S. Yancey and Fannie V Mauzy were married on the 4th dat of
August 1858 by Rev. Wm Twyman

Wm B Yancey and Victoria Winsborough were married the 16th day of
February 1860 by Rev. John Lofferty.

J. J. Mauzy and Magey J. Yancey were married the 24th day of Oct 1865 by
Rev. Hensley

This thread: